No wonder, a squeaky office chair can get very annoying to everyone around. This is not just a constant source of disturbance but also leads to an adverse impact on the concentration levels and thus the productivity delivered. The best part is – you don’t have to get a new chair to get rid of the squeaking noise. Here is how you can fix your office chair. With this, you are saving money by not reinvesting and without spending much time. If the problem continues to persist, get in touch with the best office chair manufacturers and seek professional help.
How to fix a squeaky chair
- The first thing to do is to identify the source of the noise. Only then, it is possible to proceed further. In most cases, it is seen that this annoying noise is a result of loose screws and bolts. This happens in situations when the chair has been used for a long time. Now, there could be a case wherein you assembled the chair all by yourself. If that’s how it is, then knowing what to inspect wouldn’t be an issue. However, if the chair was assembled by someone else, you should run your figures through all the screws and bolts to see where they are loose.
- Now that you know the source, pick up a screwdriver and tighten the loose screws and bolts.
- Also, ensure that you pay good attention to the aging of screws and bolts. Following methods that remove rust from them is a good idea to adopt. There are a lot of materials available in the market that’ll help you deal with this. However, you could stick to home-based methods as well such as vinegar.
- Applying glue to fix a squeaky chair is one of the best ways to deal with the annoying noise. A point to note here is that an ordinary glue won’t work. Wood glue is the option that you need to look for. Check the source of weakness and then apply glue. Needless to say, wood glue would work the best for wooden chairs. For metallic chairs, this solution wouldn’t work.
- Lubrication – All those bolts can help in the long life of the chair if you ensure that they do not get rusted. To avoid rust, proper lubrication of the bolts helps to a greater extent. The best way to deal with this is to ask someone else to sit on the chair, rock the chair back and forth, locate the source of noise and apply the oil until the noise reduces. Yet another easiest way of doing this is to remove the screws and bolts, applying lubricant, and placing them back.
- Fixing the springs – The springs of your chair could be yet another issue as to why your chair squeaks. You can access the springs by removing the nails or screws.
- Replacing – There are cases wherein despite all the measures, the issue isn’t solved. If that’s the case, it is now time that you replace your chair with a new one. If you are in search of affordable office chairs, you will not be disappointed as a lot of Office Chairs Dealers in Chennai will offer a range of reasonable chairs to choose from.
Before the squeakiness of the chair worsens further, make sure that you either get them fixed or get a new chair from any of the Office Chairs manufacturers.